Thursday, August 25, 2011

...let the games begin....


Hey everyone:) Welcome to my weight loss blog. I have decided to make this blog for a few reasons...#1- to track my progress #2- to have a network of people supporting not only me but each other #3- hopefully in time i can help others loss weight by my tips and tricks.

Weight is not an easy thing to discuss...we all deal with it, either to loss or gain it. Mine is obviously to loss. My #1 reason is to be healthy. I don't care what i look like, if people don't like the way i look then you know what they can do. lol I am sick of dr visits, physio visits, feeling sick, feeling tired etc...

So where did my journey begin?? The picture of me was taken in Mexico Jan 2011, at that point in time i weighed about 240lbs. Around March i started cutting out carbs (i have celiac and can't eat them anyway, but i was...i know stop yelling at me! lol), and by June i was down to 220lbs and then it stopped...i kinda plateaued you could say.

So last week i joined a gym. I joined Goodlife Fitness. I admit i was scared...but i went...i signed up for a personal trainer. I realized that all the other attempts at the gym did nothing for me because i was doing the wrong things!! Walking on the treadmill does nothing for weight loss, its good for your heart though. All things i didn't know!! I have been about 6 times now, and everytime i come home i want to die...lol but surprisingly i feel great after going! I sleep better and my overall mood is better! (so all those people aren't lying to ya, exercise really does a body good!)

Not sure what i am going to blog about...i might blog about what i ate during the day, how my work outs go, my frustrations, and i guess my accomplishments.


See ya all tomorrow....:)

hugs

1 comment:

  1. Well, I admire you. I joined because I need to lose weight too! Last year I lost 25 lbs and then quit my diet and guess what? I've gained it all back. My biggest problem is I love sweets but plan on going to the grocery store on monday and starting again. I had a 5 way heart bypass 11 yrs ago, well it will be 11 yrs this Feb. I should be watching my diet for sure and it is hard to lose when you are 67 yrs old. I will be 68 in Oct. but I will try again so will be watching for advice or tips.

    ReplyDelete